It's been a while since I've blogged.....I haven't really had time...or the energy. Actually, if I'm really honest about it, I just didn't want to cry LOL. I do enough of that off & on as it is lol I don't need to do it to myself :oP Day 4 is almost over & I'm thankful for that. James & I were talking & we agreed that we'll be happy when we are in the triple digits lol. Life is stressful sometimes, but it's harder when you don't have that one person.....the one that can just make everything else go away. I miss my husband. But I think that's obvious ;o) But the thing about it is that there are SO many people who have it worse than I do....so I can't really complain. I can miss my husband & cry if I need to, but complaining really isn't an option. I mean really....what would that do? That's right, nothing. So I wait. That's all. Being here helps though. I'm busy in ways that I think I never really thought about before. I would have never been cutting, peeling & canning tomatoes! And the little things like busting out the MP3 player & vacuuming the floors is a welcomed distraction. I like those things. The days do seem to be going by fast, although James isn't in country yet. So that & the fact that each day is always a little different, it'll always be just one day at a time. That's the only way I've found to 'survive' this. Too much more can just be overwhelming. 365. That is a LOT!!!! And that hurts so....moving on! LOL
James is doing well. As well as can be expected. He (& the other guys) have to get in a certain mindset. People tell me they can't imagine how we (military wives) do what we do. All I can say, I can't imagine doing what he is doing. I'm SO proud of my husband. And I'm VERY proud of our life & I'm thankful for so much. Most military wives will tell you this is a love/hate relationship. It is. I LOVE the life we live & I love the fact that we do & see so much! And most of the wives I know will tell you that it is an AMAZING family!! But then there's training, late nights, weekends, staff duty, politics...and of course, deployment. With all that said, I absolutely love Army life. I never dreamed I would be living like this. I'm also thankful for the lessons I've learned and the things I've seen & done that have completely changed my perspective on so many things. I see life in a whole new way than I did.....even 2 years ago. I LOVE that!!! I've grown as a person. Spiritually, emotionally, mentally.....it's great! :o) I'm not nearly the person I want to be, but I'm working on it. LOL I'm only human ;o) Today has been good.....hopefully tomorrow will be the same or better. I'm not sure when I'll talk to my husband again. I hope they get settled in quickly, a schedule forms & we get an address. That'll make me happy :o)
Ok....going to watch When in Rome with my sister. We've watched it once already but it is sooo good!! Sorry I didn't get to watch it with you Stef. But you were right!! :o) I hope everyone has a great week & I hope it goes by fast for us wives!!
One Love!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment